What symbol is parallelogram in flowchart?
Parallelogram represents the input and output symbols in a flowchart; it also represents data in general. In other words, the paralellogram shape represents a data's value as it enters a process or is sent out of a process.
How to use parallelogram in flowchart?
Add a parallelogram (input/output symbol) as a step in your flowchart whenever there's a step which involves inputting or outputting data. For example, in a step which a program requires a user's email address, use this input/ouput symbol.
1. Flowline: Shows the process’ direction. Each flowline connects two blocks.
2. Terminal: Indicates the beginning or end of a flowchart
3. Process: Represent a step in a process. This is the most common component of a flowchart.
4. Decision: Shows a step that decides the next step in a process. This is commonly a yes/no or true/false question.
5. Input / Output: Indicates the process of inputting or outputting external data.
6. Annotation / Comment: Indicates additional information regarding a step in a process.
7. Predefined Process: Shows named process which is defined elsewhere.
8. On-page Connector: Pairs of on-page connecter are used to replace long lines on a flowchart page.
9. Off-page Connector: An off-page connector is used when the target is on another page.
10. Delay: Any delay period that is part of a process
11. Alternate Process: An alternate to the normal process step. Flow lines to an alternate process block is usually dashed.
12. Data: Data input or output
13. Document: A document
14. Multi-document: Multiple documents
15. Preparation: A preparation step
16. Display: A machine display
17. Manual Input: Data or information into a system
18. Manual Operation: A process step that isn’t automated